The International Commission on Illumination (CIE, from Commission Internationale de l’Eclairage) is an international technical and scientific organization for all matters relating to the science, technology and art in the fields of light and lighting, color and vision, photometry and radiometry, photobiology, and image technology.
The CIE is an international standards development organization for topics across its scope, and is recognized as such by the International Standards Organization (ISO), the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and the International Committee for Weights and Measures (CIPM).
CIE is devoted to international cooperation, based on monetary support from National Committees of participating countries, in exchange for participation in CIE committees and discount on CIE publications.
The United States National Committee (CIE-USNC) is a non-profit organization, run by volunteers, and supported by individual and organizational memberships.
Individual Membership Benefits
- Participation in CIE Technical Committees
- Discount of 66.7% on CIE publications purchased from the CIE website
- Reduced participation fees at many CIE events
- Free annual distribution of a CIE publication
Organizational Membership Benefits
- An influential voice in the US National Committee of the CIE
- Recognition on the CIE-USNC web site
- Authorization to reference CIE-USNC sponsorship in organizational literature
- A number of individual memberships, depending on sponsorship level
Current Organizational Memberships